Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Introduction Part Deux

Politics, the economy, the war in Iraq, healthcare and immigration are just a few of the topics that flood conversations (both public and private) all over the country. As a youth of America I and other people my age are constantly engaged in conversations and debates about our country’s current state.

Lately I have attempted to keep in touch with old friends that I blame myself for losing touch with, and some shocking perception of my political views have come to light. I have been described in an extremely wide range of political thought from a crazy right wing Republican to one of the most liberal people on earth. Both boggle my mind, but mostly the ladder. I am here to let my readers know what exactly is going on in this massive head of mine.

First, I never think in terms of Republican and Democrat. I think this is a dangerous approach to logical thinking. Especially since most of America is in the center of the political spectrum, I think it is most prudent to describe views, policies, and other topics in terms of Conservative and Liberal. That being said, I am for the most part conservative. Many social issues such as abortion, gay marriage, government programs (depending on the program), public housing, etc., I tend be lean toward the liberal side.

In the spirit of this blog, I will be expressing some of my personal views on some hot issues in the hopes that you will read and comment of why you agree or disagree. I will also be posting some articles I find pertinent (as many of you have witnessed on my facebook page). I usually will post an article I find interesting or funny, but mainly articles that the extremely liberal and self-serving mainstream media will not show you. I do this to try and give another perspective on what is going on in the country and world.

Thanks for reading

No comments: