Monday, April 12, 2010

Tunes, Movies, and Sliders

Awesome week for yours truely. It seemed like every night I had something going on, which is pretty rare for me. Although it differed in context, the content remained basically the same and consisted mainly of drinking, eating, listening to/playing music and hanging with awesome friends.

I obviously worked every day. I actually love my job so I never get the "Monday's" or I never think of Wednesday as "Hump Day". In fact if I ever look forward to the end of the week its because this neighborhood is swarming with young girls who like to wear very little clothing on Thursdays -Saturdays. Eye candy is always nice.

Allow me to fill you in on my post-work week:

Monday- I decided to stay in after a booze filled Easter Sunday day. I ate takeout and watched televised poker, Family Guy, and Seinfeld (my new favorite thing to watch even though I've seen every episode 94 times).

Tuesday- I also stayed in. boy so far this week is kind of boring! Give me a break it's Tuesday. If you start going out on Tuesdays you get bogged down pretty quickly, so back off.

Wednesday - I had a horn rehearsal at Jason's house (he lives very close to the office which is convenient) for our gig on Friday. It was cool to see Jason and Josh and Matt and we were able to crank out some vicious new horn lines for the show on Friday. They make me want to make the face depicted above.

Jason went to see Clash of the Titans afterwards and we started talking about movies and he found out I hadnt seen Avatar and was fairly suprised by this. He convinced me to see it as soon as possible. I am very excited about Clash of the Titans as well. The first one made back in like the 70's was AWESOME. Jason agreed and let me know later that the remake wasnt really that good, so I'm a little nervous about this.

Thursday - Now we start to pick up speed a little bit. After yet another great day at work me, John-Christian (from now on called "JC") and Thomas Kim (from now on called "TK") went to see The Bad Plus. Tim went too but he was going with his roommate. The Bad Plus are probably my favorite jazz trio of all time. They are so tight and inventive and awesome in every way. Dave King is their drummer and for me he is The Bad Plus. Here is a rad picture of him:
















He so awesome and I love everything about his playing. In fact I would probably be hesitent to see them without Dave King. Its so inspiring I actually wish I played the drums whenever I see him.

It was actually not their best show. I have definately seen them play much better together, but its still such an awesome group that even though it wasnt their best effort it was still a totally killer show. I kinda wish I went to see them again while they were here, but my schedule and other activities prevented this from happening.

Friday - I was scheduled to rock the legendary Bitter End with Jason Yudoff and the New Hotness at 10 PM that evening, so I had some time to kill before the show. What better way to spend this than consuming libations with friends? I met JC and Kristine at The Peculiar Pub located right next door to the Bitter End and I was followed shortly by Dave and Julie. We drank delicious Six Points beer out of liter mugs. I had 2 i think and was pretty buzzed, but in a fun way, not a debilitating way. The Bitter End is always running late so around 10 minutes to 10 i headed next door. It was kind of a dick move honestly, I should show up sooner but i was trying to finish my second liter of beer without chugging it and I took advantage of Bitter End's perpetual lateness issue, which again I kinda regret.

We rocked out. Jason is totally awesome and I love playing in his band. The pic above is actually me warming up at the Bitter End and here is a pic of the band backstage before the same show.










So that was a ton of fun. Since I work on Saturdays and already a little drunk, I decided it was time for me to go home after the show so I split a cab with some of my peeps to save time and money.



A great day, got home at a reasonable hour and woke up the next morning bright eyed and bushy tailed for another day at the office.

Saturday- After work I walked down to meet JC and Kristine for sushi on 11th and 1st. It was awesome and super cheap. Kristine and I were contemplating ordering about 16 rolls due to the cheapness and just doggin out on sushi till we couldnt move. I'm glad we decided against it, but am I?

After sushi JC had a show with his awesome quartet Das Vibenbass down at Arlene's Grocery. A very well known music club in the city. These guys put on a hell of a show and you should totally check them out http://www.dasvibenbass.com/. After the show we drank beers and hung out and then I went finally go see Avatar. I was underwhelmed. I think its something you should see in theatres, but not for the movie, for the visuals. I found the story to be very weak and very cheesy. Visually though, especially the 3D, it was stunning.

Sunday- METS GAME. so much fun. Kristine made sliders and brought them to the game. They were so awesome! She said that there was some pork in there as well. All of them had cheese and some of them had those spicy peppers that im not even going to attempt to spell. They are in the Olive Garden salad. Elizabeth brought a backpack full of snack foods. We drank several beers and enjoyed perfect weather at a boring baseball game. The Mets are terrible.

After the game we went to a dive bar near my house where I watched the Rangers get elimated from the playoffs. It was really too bad because Lundqvist has been a stud all season and he was a total stud in their last game. He had something like 46 saves in the game, which is insane. After the game we continued to drink beer and whiskey and watched the end of The Masters. We talked about Phil Mickelson not gettin it done throughout the first part of his career and then going on a Majors tear. he has at least 4 now. I then crushed Michael T (who wear a skin tight pineapple shirt all day, which was hilarious) at a single trek of Big Buck Hunter. Then I went home and went to bed.

An awesome week! Lets see what this week has in store.

have a positive day



No comments: